Friday, May 22, 2009

Thumbs Up to Sophie Kinsella!

It is 30 mins past my bedtime.. I could not sleep.. Yes.. I'm fixated over the movie that i watched recently... oh how I loveeeeEEE Sophie's Confession of a Shopaholic. Love it..love it.. LOVE IT!..

I knew about the book since my friend, Bear *u'd not believe dat dis guy introduced me the book becz his physic is sooO unlike it* excitingly introduced it to me 2 years back. At first, I was a little bit reluctant. Yeah, i hate readings.. if u give me any book, it might remain under my pillow for decades!.. due to his respect, nak jaga hati..I eventually brought back the book to kuching. STILL! I didn't read the book. one day, happenedly my mak saw the book. n without my consent, grr.. she brought and lay down and read the book... i guess she were utterly bored that time.

after a few mins, i heard her voice chimed, sounds a lil bit of complaint " buku apa tok..x best! pasal org shopping2 ajak".. *sigh*

and after a few secs.. she was LAUGHING OUT LOUD! eik?? tdk komplen sik bes..

long story short.. she wre stucked with the book n finally gave kudos to the book. mm.. pretty cool huh..


And early this year, i am mentioned that there will be a movie of COAS.. ouh.. sounded great!.. I must watch.. watch.. watch!!!... it features Isla Fisher.. sorry.. since I dont really watch TV.. so the name is unfamiliar to me.. Gosh!.. the movie is sanGat best!!!... 5 stars.. blink. blink. blink.. i went watching the movie with lee.. at first, i was a bit pesimistic since lee seems a guy that does not interested with this kind of pinky-stuff of movie.. I was wrong.. he loved it.. can u just imagine.. if he loves the movie, then ill love the movie 10000 times MORE!... ouh sgt best...



and fyi, just now was my 198498246245836245th of watching the movie.. i could even remember the dialog.. hoho.. when i get older.. i will tell my anak anak that this is my favourite movie after THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. just like what my mak said how she loves PRETTY WOMAN by Julia Roberts so much..


here is the plot synopsis of the stroy...

"Based on the books "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan" by Sophie Kinsella. Rebecca Bloomwood (Isla Fisher) is a 25 year old who lives with her best friend Suze (Krysten Ritter) in Suze's flat (paying her friend rent that is well below market value), in a trendy part of town. Rebecca has a very boring job writing for a financial magazine. She has a shopping addiction and her crap job doesn't pay enough. Her bills are piling up, so she tries cutting back (complete fiasco), then she tries making more money (another fiasco). Eventually, Becky discovers a story that she is truly invested in. Exposing the story gets the attention of a colleague that she hasn't quite figured out yet. Some drama ensues as she snags the guy, and she attempts to pay off her ever-growing debt. "

No comments: